Wednesday, February 17, 2010

it's in the mail. . .

We missed having Addi, Laine, and Quinn at preschool today, where we talked about mail carriers and other community helpers!  We had a great circle time and had fun pretending to deliver mail in our postal hats, and we read two books about crazy things that got delivered in the mail.  We also played a math game where they had to deliver postcards to the right baskets, depending on how many sticker dots were on the cards.  We did our "W" workbook pages, did a little dancing (this wasn't that popular today), had yummy soup and breadsticks for lunch (this WAS popular today!), and lots of playtime because that seemed to be just what everyone needed.  Mason really loved spinning around at music time today, and I heard him say, "I'm making myself busy!"
  
At circle time we talked about different things they could do when they grew up.  Miriam jumped right up and said, "When I grow up, I'm going to be Sarah's mom!"
Me:  Mason, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Mason:  A fireman!
Elizabeth:  You can't be a fireman.  You have to grow up and be my husband!


Miriam:  "Elizabeth, can I please play with your temple?"

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sending a hat home for Quinn, and thanks for delivering it, Yolanda! I think Q is feeling much better already.

    ReplyDelete